Placing Requests


Parents of pupils moving or transferring here mid session or out with the arrangements outlined below should telephone the school and ask to make an appointment with Mr Russell McFee (Depute Rector). Mr McFee will then arrange to meet parents and pupils, arrange a tour of the school, clarify and complete all enrolment procedures and arrange a mutually convenient starting date.

Our Guidance and Pupil Support staff will ensure all new pupils are supported in settling in quickly.

Placing Requests

If children live outside our catchment area, then parents must first complete a Placing Request Application.

Highland Council have produced a Placing Request Leaflet, which explains the application process and the appropriate contact details for submitting the form.

Parents whose children are in our associated primary schools as a result of a placing request are reminded that they have to make an additional placing request if they wish their child to attend Charleston Academy. Parents who move out of our catchment area but wish their children to remain at the Academy also need to make a placing request.