In addition to National Qualifications, SQA provide a range of SQA Awards. These awards are characterised by their flexible nature and are nationally recognised by employers, charities, and further education institutions. They are designed to provide learners with complimentary or further opportunities to:
- acquire additional skills
- recognise achievement beyond the classroom
- promote confidence through independent thinking
- nurture positive attitudes
- motivate learners
- participate positively in the wider community
The Awards provide a range of opportunities for learners at all levels. Because they are aligned to the Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework they are equivalent to National Qualifications from Level 2/3, National 4/5 and Higher.