Over recent years Charleston Academy pupils and staff have been fortunate to have been able to go on an exciting and diverse range of school trips, exchanges or visits. So much so, that in order to keep track of all the visits our pupils and staff have been on we have created a trips wall map in the foyer that includes all the exciting destinations that we have been to.
Recent trips abroad have seen pupils head off to Belgium, France, the USA, China, India, South Africa, Botswana and Sweden to name but a few.
There also many regular trips closer to home that include Hampden for Football and Murrayfield for Rugby. In 2012 a group of pupils visited the Olympic Stadium.
The dedication and commitment of hard working staff at Charleston Academy and their willingness to give up holiday time as well as class time means that these trips continue.
Regular Trips and Visits
Trips or visits arranged or being planned include:
- Switzerland: Physics CERN visit
- Belgium: History Battlefield Trip
- France: S1/2 Ski Trip
- Italy: Senior Ski Trip
- Botswana & Zimbabwe: British Council Connecting Classrooms Exchange
- Spain: Watersports Trip
- U.S.A New York & Washington: Cultural Visit
- Sweden : Educational and Cultural Exchange
- Italy: Biology and Geography Curriculum Trip
Please see our News Blog for up to date information on trips and visits.