Mrs Kirsty Dillon
Miss Joanne Flemming
Mr Ryan Macintosh
Mrs Aileen Thomson
Mrs Susan Blackwood (Active Schools Coordinator)
Mrs Dagmar Borrowman (Active Schools Coordinator)
Our department aims to provide all pupils with a quality Physical Education by:
- Encouraging all pupils to be active and appreciate the benefits of regular, enjoyable exercise for personal wellbeing.
- Developing cooperation, tolerance and an ability to work with others through participation in activities.
- Exposing pupils to a variety of experiences, through team and individual activities.
- Providing students with the skills and knowledge, to understand and perform to the best of their ability.
Participation and Dress Code
- Pupils are expected to bring a full change of clothing for every PE lesson. Including appropriate footwear (If your child wears trainers to school these cannot be classed as part of their PE kit) and clothing suitable for outdoor activities.
- Pupils are expected to participate in all PE lessons to the best of their ability.
Additionally, pupils are asked to:
- Remove all jewellery during PE.
- For security reasons pupils are encouraged to leave all valuables at home on PE days, however, valuable trays are provided.
- Provide a note from parent/carer if unable to take part in PE.
- Long hair to be tied back securely.
How can Parents/Carers support children participating in PE?
- Find out which days your child has PE.
- Ensure your child is prepared with appropriate clothing for indoor and outdoor activities.
- Encourage your child to take part, work hard and enjoy their time in PE.
- Encourage your child to be active out of school.
- If your child is unable to take part in PE due to injury or illness a note should be given to the class teacher stating the reason and how long they will be unable to take part.