Our Annual Albert Roux Dinner 2016 took place on Monday 12 September. Once again, students worked with Mr Albert Roux OBE and Chez Roux Chef from the Rocpool Reserve Hotel in Inverness, Mr Javi Dominguez Santos.
Students planned, prepared, cooked and served a three course dinner to 40 paying guests that included a champagne and canapés reception.
Our students were under immense pressure to pull of a flawless evening for our guests which included representatives from the hospitality industry across Inverness and the Highlands.
Among our guests this year were:
- Ann Sim, regional coordinator for the Youth Philanthropy Initiative.
- Georgie Parker, Business Development Director at UHI.
- Ina Davies, also from UHI and former General Manager of the Golf View Hotel in Nairn
- Councillors Alex Graham and Allan Duffy
- Rona MacAskil from the Forest Kitchen
- Kate Morris, Chair of our Parent Council
- Anne Huggan, Depute Rector Inverness High School
The evening was a tremendous success. Once again we are indebted to Mr Roux and his suppliers who donated the champagne, wine and all of the ingredients. Most importantly Mr Roux and his staff also contributed a significant amount of their time before and after the event to mentor our students.
The video below is made of stills taken by our Higher Photography students. Music on the evening was provided by our Music Teacher Mr Ross Fairfield. Menus were written and produced by our Languages Department.
Well done everyone. The proceeds from the 2016 dinner form part of the schools’ contribution to the Youth Philanthropy Initiative.