Speyside Climbing Centre Competition
Five pupils from Charleston Academy took part in this competition which was open to anyone of school age. While the competition was mainly open to Moray and Highland pupils there were competitors from all over Scotland. Climbers attempted four climbs with a maximum of 100 points available for completing each climb. Each route could be attempted twice with the best score counting towards the total points.
Results – all out of 400
Youth A – Lead climbing:
- Jenna Bisset S6 – 1st place with 374 points.
Youth B – Bottom rope:
- Rory Barker S3 – 1st place with 383 points.
- Jasper Kinghorn S1 – 2nd place with 370 points.
- Tim Cox S2 – 4th Place with 366 points.
- Lewis Anderson S3 – 5th Place with 350 (his first climbing competition)
All the Charleston Academy Climbers put in an excellent performance and it was great to walk away with so many certificates and trophies. The atmosphere during the whole competition was fantastic with everyone supporting and encouraging each other.
Many thanks to Speyside Climbing Centre and Climb Scotland for hosting and running this great event.
Mr Jonathan Richards, Principal Teacher Technical Department